Living life and figuring it out, one little piece at a time

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Unassisted Childbirth

Ryerson's students received their final grades today.  I had some pleasant surprises and an overall sense of satisfaction for a year well done!  Now, on to a lovely selection of Women's Studies and Social Science electives for the summer, through distance education with the flexible Athabasca University!  More to come, I'm sure!


And with the final grades, came feedback for the big, gigantic paper.  And finally, it is ready to be shared.  I had thought I'd be editing it a lot before it came out but it turns out that my teacher only had a couple of small points in suggesting how I could have improved the essay!  All in all I'm so happy that I wrote it and will be considering publishing it (in a shortened version) in the near future.  Beware that its a big long, but when you factor in the references list, the long appendix, and the fact that its double-spaced, its not actually that bad!  So snuggle up with a blanket and a hot chocolate (or whatever tickles your fancy) and prepare to learn about Unassisted Childbirth and midwifery in a way that you probably didn't expect to...

Unassisted Childbirth and Midwifery: A Philosophical Juxtaposition. 


                                                         Photo taken from www.unassistedbirth.com/uc/


Follow me on Facebook! 

3 comments:

  1. I loved it! Read it all last night. You write so well. Good for you on finishing your first year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting your paper! Going to sit down with a warm drink like you suggest and give it a thorough reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. :) I am working on my Midwifery student application and your research really helped me to understand the complexities of the practice. I feel much better versed on the actuality of the situation between obstetrics, midwives and the clients they serve as well as what I will need to understand to offer the most compassionate, respectful service to expectant mothers. Your writing is so clear and precise! Thank you so much for sharing your extensive study with us. Really, really thorough research and I think all midwives should read it. I hope you got it published as I believe that all the points are still relevant today and will be for a long time. :)

    ReplyDelete